Students in grades 9-12 may enter their life science/biotech-related regional fair projects as long as they meet the criteria listed on the National competition website. Applicants do not need to enter a previous fair to qualify for the Bay Area Challenge; however, we encourage students to submit projects from other ISEF regional science fairs (see below).
To complete an online application for the CLS Bay Area BioGENEius Challenge, please click here . Submissions must be completed by March 31, 2023. We encourage you to submit your applications sooner, if possible.
Please click here to apply for BioGENEius Challenge.
THE BAY AREA BIOGENEIUS CHALLENGE
When: April 28, 2023
Where: California Life Sciences Event Center, 165 Gateway Blvd., South San Francisco
The 2023 CLS Bay Area BioGENEius Challenge will include a full day of programming, poster presentations, a career panel and awards ceremony.
Local Challenge Awards:
- First place: $2,000
- Second place $1,000
- Third place $500
- Honorable mention prizes
- Students must be enrolled in biology or science-related courses (Grade 9 to 12) in any public or private school within the United States.
- Individual Students only may submit ONE project for this competition.
- Research presented in 2023 must be NEW research. Projects may be continued research from previous years. Any project conducted in a similar area of research as previous projects should be considered a continuation. If the project is a continuation, explain as completely as possible how the project will differ from previous experimentation because ONLY a new and different research project is allowed. The current year project must demonstrate significant progress. Explain when the actual experimental procedure (not the background literature review) will begin and end because ONLY a 12-month project that occurred within the last 18 months before this year’s International BioGENEius Challenge is allowed.
BIOGENEIUS POSTERS AND APPLICATIONS
Please follows the poster guidelines, which can be found here.
REGIONAL ISEF COMPETITIONS
We encourage Bay Area Challenge candidates to also enter one of the following fairs:
- Alameda County Synopsys Science & Engineering Fair: March 24-26, 2023
- Contra Costa County Science & Engineering Fair: March 9-11, 2023
- Golden GateSTEM Fair: March 13, 2023
- JSHS Junior Sciences and Humanities Symposium Deadline for Submission January 29th
- Monterey County Science & Engineering Fair, Deadline for Submission February 17th
- Sacramento Regional STEM Fair: TBD 2023
- Santa Cruz CountyScience & Engineering Fair: March 11, 2023
- Santa Clara ValleyScience & Engineering Fair: March 8-9, 2023
- Sonoma County STEAM Showcase: March 2, 2023
2023 CLS Bay Area BioGENEius Challenge Contact:
Johnson Yang, BioGENEius Contact, California Life Sciences, [email protected], (650) 871-3254
International BioGENEius Challenges Contact:
Quinta Jackson, Biotechnology Institute, [email protected]